Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I've Been Bad


Day 2 of Magic Kingdom

In front of "Mt. Everest" at Animal Kingdom

At Disney Hollywood
I've been bad! I haven't blogged about Florida in about a week. Well I'll just have to do condensed versions, but the last 3 days weren't as busy. Wednesday we tackled MGM or as it is now known as "Disney Hollywood Studios." I do not like this day because I left my awesome new sunglasses that I bought for trip- paid extra for shipping so that they would come in time- in the bathroom and they got stolen. I was PISSED, and mainly at myself for being to stupid. I was only gone for 10 minutes before I realized they were gone. Well, I brought another pair but it's still upsetting. Before that Maddie and I rode Rock'n Rollercoaster. It was a lot of fun. The wait was long though. It shot off like Mr. Freeze and the entire rollercoaster was in the dark except for glowing street signs. Afterwards is when I lost my sunglasses. We next went on Tower of Terror, which I was a little nervous for. I don't like 90 degree drops. I'll do everything else but it was actually one of my favorite rides. Too short haha. We spent the rest of the day walking around, I was still pissed about my sunglasses and scowled through Muppet Vision 3D. Afterwards I dropped my attitude and shrugged it off. The last thing we did there was watch a stunt show, it was funny and very impressive. The driving reminded me of Andrea's:) (that's not a compliment). The rest of the day was R and R by the pool.
Thursday we went to Animal Kingdom, and it seemed like all of the Brazilian tour groups chose that theme park as well. We went off to 'Asia' to ride the Mt. Everest roller coaster, which we ended up doing twice because both of my parents missed the huge Yetti in it and it was just fun. The next ride was a 'rafting' water ride which was a lot like Thunder River at six flags and I got soaked. Not too happy about that. Mom and I opted out on riding it a second time, instead we just stood in the sun drying off. Next it was off to 'Africa' for a safari through the reservation, which frankly, I could have seen every one the animals there at that St. Louis Zoo. Then we rode the train up to 'Rafiki's Planet Watch' which was nothing special except a photo op w/ Rafiki. It was mainly for kids and all about conservation and there was a petting zoo with mainly goats. At that point, I was done with Animal Kingdom but after lunch we went back in because my mom wanted to see 'It's Tough To Be a Bug,' but when we got to the theatre, it was broken:\. Across the way was a character location with the characters of Winnie the Pooh (Pooh, Eeyore, and Tigger). When we came back, the show was fixed. I didn't want to see, I had bad memories of it from 2000, but it wasn't bad;) Then we went back to the hotel for more R and R by the pool:) We also packed because Friday was our last day at Disney:(
Friday was a semi-short day but it seemed like we did the most. We went back to the Magic Kingdom. First stop- Space Mountain. Next we rode the teacups because, well its' Disney. I insisted that we go to Mickey's Toontown or whatever it's called because I was DETERMINED to get a picture with Cinderella or some princess. The princesses seemed like the only characters not walking around the park. We got to the character line and there was a line to meet the fairies (which was really long) and.... the princesses! I was SO happy, once again....I may be 19 going on 20 but I still sleep on a Disney Princess pillow case w/ a disney princess blanket. We got pictures w/ Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella and Belle (who was kind of a bitch). Afterwards we rode the Snow White ride, which Maddie was a little scared on, and then we watched Mickey's Philharmagic which was the best show. Then I said we HAD to go on "It's a Small World." Don't ask, because my answer will only be "It's Disney." Then we left Orlando. I was sad but I didn't want to spend another day at a theme park. Our next destination- Cocoa Beach. Which I'll talk about later...my fingers are starting to hurt from this typing.

No comments:

Post a Comment