Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Before I Forget 2...




Day 2 (Tuesday). The day I've been waiting and waiting for. Universal Studios- Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Harry Potter and this park was, is the highlight of my trip. Getting to Universal, I was super nervous. The park only opened on June, 18 and I heard that on that day, it took 8 hours just to get into the park. It was another early morning and we arrived by opening time, practically running to the Islands of Adventure park and running to the Harry Potter section. It was amazing. It looked just like Hogsmeade and perched on a hill overlooking it all, was Hogwarts. Of course it was crowded but there was only a 5 min wait for the Dragon Challenge. It was so cool walking to the ride. On display throughout the walk was the Goblet of Fire, the three golden eggs and the Triwizard Cup. Maddie and I chose to ride the "Hungarian Horntail" over the "Chinese Fireball" because, well that's what Harry beats. It was fun. A lot like Batman, but longer. After that we decided to get into the long line of the Forbidden Journey. It was a 90 minute wait, but the line was constantly moving. I didn't mind the wait though. We walked through Dumbledore's office, the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom, the Gryffindor common room and then we got to the boarding part. It was on a conveyor belt that we had to walk on and we were off! It was AMAZING. I won't spill the details for those who are going. Then we went on Flight of the Hippogriff which was ehhhhhhhh. Afterwards I wanted to shop around Hogsmeade but there were long lines for almost all of the shops. I wanted to go into Dervish and Banges, which sells Quidditch supplies and what not but the had the second longest line behind Ollivander's (which isn't in Hogsmeade). We ended our adventure with a butterbeer which I swore to my mom I was going to try. It was like cream soda w/ whipped cream on top. My dad had left the section earlier and called my mom tell her that they were no longer letting people into the section because it reached its capacity. Once you left, you couldn't go back in. We had enough of the crowds and decided it was time to explore the rest of the park. My dad said he was in line for Poseidon's Fury so that's where we went. I stood in line thinking it was a water ride, but it was actually a show, a stupid show. Maddie and I then broke off to ride the Hulk roller coaster. The wait said 60 minutes. HA it was more like 120. It was exhausting, standing in the heat and pushing the wheelchair up ramp after ramp. The ride was fun though but after that I had enough. My only desire in Universal was Harry Potter and I was lucky enough to experience it. My mom said that they were walking around and for 15 minutes of walking there was a line four people wide and it was not moving. It was to get in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I couldn't believe and thanked my lucky stars we were able to get in. We are all burnt after that. We left around 2 and went back to the hotel. I crashed for 2 hours after that. My parents decided to go to Magic Kingdom for the Electric Light parade which was wonderful. After the Electric Light parade, a firework display over the castle. Let me say, Disney knows how to do fireworks. It was one of the best shows I've ever seen. We got to Magic Kingdom around 7, rode the Haunted Mansion and then parked on the side of the street for the parade which was at 9. The fireworks were at 10 and the park closed at midnight. After the fireworks it was wonderful. About 3/4 of the people left and there were almost no lines. We went to Space Mountain but it was closed down:( We headed across the park to ride Thunder Mountain which was fun. Then we did Splash Mountain. It was my first time riding it and I was nervous/excited for the huge drop. The ride kept psyching us out making it seem like small slopes were the huge hill. Best part is, my parents got most of the water:) It was realllllly long though. Almost too long. At this point it was 11 and we were getting tired and had another early day. On our way out we decided to ride Pirates of the Carribbean then we left for the hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment