Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Before I Forget....





I better do this now before this whole trip is a complete blur. So far it has been non stop not counting this afternoon/evening. Sunday was a 3 hour drive to Orlando (great 4th of July right?) When we got to out hotel we decided to go to Downtown Disney because 1) entry was free 2) we could walk around and shop and 3) we thought there would be fireworks. First off, there were no fireworks which I was very disappointed in and it was CRAZY crowded. We went into the main store in the marketplace and we each got some souvenirs. I got a really awesome frame w/ the Disney Princesses, Maddie got some Mickey Mouse earrings, Kevin and dad got shirts, and mom got a frame. As we left, it seemed like thousands of people were coming in. On Monday we decided to go to Epcot first. A book we bought said that it wouldn't be as crowded as the other parks, and the for the most part it was very pleasant. Maddie is in a wheelchair because of her hip, and my advice to you all-bring someone who is in a wheelchair. We had handicap parking (pretty much front row) and on the majority of the ride wheelchair access is like skipping the long lines. The only downside is having to push the wheelchair. Well we got up at 6:30, which is standard wake-up time for our family vacations, ate breakfast then headed off to Epcot. At Epcot my mom and dad stood in line to get fast passes for the Soaring ride-which was the most popular. With the pass we could bypass the main line if we entered at a certain time. So while we were waiting to get in line for Soaring we took the opportunity to get out pictures with Mickey, Pluto, Minnie, Donald Duck, and Goofy. I may be 19 going on 20, but I had the time of my life meeting them (again haha). It was so fun and entertaining I was almost skipping. Soaring was good. It didn't blow me away though. I heard that it was a must-do, and I understand that. It's basically a simulator of being on a hang-glider. Then we saw a few films, a lot of it was about the environment. We got fast passes for Test Track, a family favorite of ours, and then rode a couple of rides while waiting. We rode another simulator which was like "astronaut training." My friend Becca pre-warned me about the intensity of this ride w/ all of the G forces etc... and I have a heart problem so I decided to ride on the watered down version, which made my wish I had rode on the intense one, but what can you do? We then went on the ride that was inside the big ball it was about the future and it was really good! After that it was off to the test track! We love that ride:) Maddie and I were laughing the whole time. We had a picnic in the parking lot afterwards then decided to walk around the nations, but once we went through about 4 of them, we wanted to leave. We rode the rides in Mexico and Norway which were really good, but at that point, we were burnt out. We knew before we were leaving that our cousins, aunt and uncle would be in Orlando at the same time as us so we wanted to meet up with them. My uncle and two of my cousins were in the Magic Kingdom so we went to eat dinner at Red Lobster with my aunt and cousin, Rebecca. Afterwards we swam in our hotel pool but they had to leave because Rebecca was performing at the Irish Dancing Nationals at 8:00 in the morning. I'll add the next day in another post so it's not TOO much to read:) The photo uploader is being super slow so I'll try it at another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment